Tuesday, November 22, 2011

WEDDING STYLES CUTE GOWN

Today, I want to showcase a designer that I love: Ian Stuart. This British designer describes his bridal line as "quirky and theatrical". I think his bridal line is luxurious and stylish! There is always something different, always gorgeous fabrics, his style is definitely unique and usually you can find beautiful colors, that other designers shy away from. That is probably why I like his line so much! I've blogged about him before (here and here), discussing his amazing red gown that started the trend. This gown came out about 8 or 9 years ago but you wouldn't know it - it set the trend for colored wedding gowns and pick-up skirts, which are still popular with today's bride.




You will find his gowns available in just a few, select stores in the US, which is a shame! It would be nice to see him gain a more popular following here! He has won numerous awards in the UK, including designer of the year an amazing 5 times! 

I remembered this past Spring I was gravitating towards this color palette and highlighted a wedding gown I was in love with - style 021 from the Bonny Classic Collection in my post called The Color Purple.

 


I absolutely love wedding gowns with color! I remembered the soft little, delicate flowers on the bodice of this wedding gown and I thought how easy this could tie into a dessert table with either cupcakes, petit fours or even small, mini cakes!
 


 


Purple and green also make a gorgeous bouquet combo! Here are 10 of my favorite wedding flowers in purple: Hydrangea, larkspur, delphinium, lisianthus, lilac, hyacinth, fresh lavender, anemone (these are my favorite flowers in black and white too!), veronica and campanula!
 


 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment